Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh, Canada...

For all of you who have been eagerly waiting and wondering, Halifax was a blast. I am blessed to have such a wonderful sister, brother-in-law and niece. They truly never disappoint. Ba is always a very gracious hostess and I will admit that she's been known to spoil Kate and me a bit. We spent 9 days with them (we extended our trip because we weren't ready to leave!) all of which were filled with good company, yummy food, warm fires, and cute kiddos. It was really fun to watch Kate and her cousin interact now that they are both a little bit older. They mostly just parallel play, but it's still entertaining. Oh and Anna's favorite thing to do was to snatch whatever toy Kate happened to have in her possession at any given moment. Thankfully, Kate has not become possessive of toys yet! It was also a treat to feel my next little niece or nephew kicking and squirming around in Ba's belly. Another baby to love! I can't wait to meet him/her.


Kate just loves her Uncle Ryan (Auntie Ba, too!)



Anna tries on her mommy's Crocs





Kate plays the guitar with Uncle Ryan



The cousins play together



Posing nicely for a quick shot! (Thank you, remote control.)



Riding together in the Chariot (before Kate learned that it was not a safe place to be!)



Me and Kate on a beautiful Halifax fall afternoon


Anna gives Kate kisses!


Another fleeting moment of camera-cooperation


As you can see, a good time was had by all. We're planning our next trip up for February, right around Ba's due-date -- can't wait! In the meantime, we're excitedly anticipating their visit for the Christmas holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the last picture of the girls together - so cute! I'm glad you finally updated this thing, I was about to give up.

    ReplyDelete